My last couple of beauty related posts got positive feedback and I received some nice emails inquiring for more beauty shares and recommendations. Again, I am not a beauty expert, but I do have an appreciation for beauty, makeup and skincare products that work.
Since you guys have been enjoying these posts, from now on I am going to be reserving Sundays for my latest beauty-related ramblings – what I currently use, what I’m loving and maybe not loving quite as much.
Today I will share my current “glow” products and also “little helpers” that can help you create the perfect face canvas.
From Left to Right:
- Dior Glow Maximizer Primer – is a great base for makeup that works with most of the foundations, including the ones I mentioned here, unlike my previous experiences with certain primers that were not so fond of the Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation. Besides being a good primer, it makes your face look radiant without glitter or shimmer effect, just a nice glowing and healthy complexion.
- Laura Mercier Shimmer Block in Peach – This product I purchased while in search of a multi-color highlighter after my beloved Diorskin’ Ultra Shimmering Allover Face Powder in Amber Diamond had been discontinued. I still haven’t found an equally good dupe for it. The Shimmer block is pretty in its own way as it doesn’t make your face look frosty or too shimmery but it’ s just not Dior Amber Diamond. If you guys have had more luck than me in finding the product with a similar pay out to Amber Diamond by Dior please do share. As for this particular product I use the lighter, pearly color for highlighting my nose, brow bone, tear ducts and highest part of the cheekbones. The colored parts I use on my cheekbones and my forehead for this extra dimension and glow.
- Kevyn Aucoin ‘The Celestial’ Powder in Candlelight – This was another product I added to my kit after Dior Amber diamond was discontinued, as it had a stripe in it very similar in color and effect you would get from using Kevin Aucoin’s Candlelight. I’m really glad I gave it a try. I use it on tip and along the bridge of my nose as well as areas where the natural sunlight tends to hit your face. The creamy and silky texture of this powder highlighter glides on your skin and being a powder product, adds a nice, moist glowing effect.
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid – This is another great highlighter that can be worn both under and over the make-up, plus it is oil-free. I prefer to use it over my makeup to accentuate the luminosity of specific areas like neckline, temples, décolletage and cheekbones.
From Left to Right:
2. Guerlain Terracotta Mineral Flawless Bronzing Powder is a nice all over the face bronzer that doesn’t make you look orange or muddy and is very lightweight. I have had this one in my makeup kit for a while so inventory may be limited or no longer available. In general though, Guerlain Terracotta products are one of the best in creating the perfect bronzed look year round.